Social Media Specialist
$2,500 for 3 months (10-13 hours/week)
Relámpago del Cielo (RDC) is seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and skilled Social Media Specialist (SMP) to manage the company’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube) and to expand its social media presence.
Reporting to RDC Artistic Director and Board of Directors, (SMP) will implement the company’s social media content and related campaigns.
- Create and manage content for companyʼs social media presence.
- Regularly post content, including images, text and video, to inform RDC participants and introduce RDC to the community.
- Manage and schedule regular postings across all platforms using Social Media Management tools.
- Build upon and expand social followers and presence across all platforms.
- Promote and link to RDC website when appropriate to to increase website visibility.
- Responsible for monitoring trending hashtags and topics while finding unique ways to integrate them into the RDC brand.
- Collaborate with RDC Website Team on special social media campaigns to promote certain activities, openings and/or products.
- Aggregate and analyze data on social media activity and engagement metrics.
- Boost posts and purchase ads at RDC Marketing Manager’s discretion/approval.
- Perform other related tasks, as assigned.
- Design promotional posts as needed.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of social media platforms—Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience as a social media specialist or similar position/internship.
- Excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, communication, time-management and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use social media for impressions and brand awareness.
- Understanding of social media web traffic trends and audience research.
- Experience with design software such as InDesign and photo/video editing a plus
- Familiarity with publishing and web design a plus.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background or interest in Mexican Folkloric dance, marketing, arts management, business, and other related fields.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university program in Communications, Journalism, Business, Social
- Media Marketing, or similar field.
In-depth understanding of the many social media platforms and comfortable navigating each of them.
- Knowledge of and experience with tools and software that allows content to be shared across various platforms.
- Previous Internship as a Social Media Assistant a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
“Like” Relámpago del Cielo on Facebook and Instagram, then email your resume and cover letter to Lilia Muñiz at email@example.com. In your cover letter, please be sure to:
- Include where you found out about this position.
- Explain what interests you about the position.
- Tell us how your background/experience will make you the best Social Media Specialist for Relámpago De Cielo.