Relampago del Cielo, Inc. – Santa Ana, CA
Under immediate/general supervision of the Artistic Director and Board of Directors, performs a variety of administrative and office support duties of considerable complexity, and ad hoc projects as assigned.
- 25-30 hours per week / Bi-lingual – English/Spanish
- Available to work during regular business hours and on Saturdays
- Proficiency in Windows OS – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, PowerPoint – and email marketing tools like Mail Chimp or Constant Contact; Adobe Suite experience a plus
- Proficiency with using/updating social network sites
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Proven administrative assistant experience
- Manage the RDC Office and support the organizations functions
- Work on special projects assigned by the Artistic Directors and or the Board of Directors
- Greet visitors and callers and answer information requests
- Answer and direct phone calls/emails
- Maintain contact lists and create and distribute emails to contacts as appropriate
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, forms, etc.
- Develop and maintain a filing system for paper and electronic files
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Monitor and purchase office supplies
- Coordinate space and office organization
- Develop and maintain monthly calendar of events
- Oversee and Assist with checks and balances related to tuition reconciliation
- Maintain orientation/registration packet
- Track performances within the year – community service, private performances, etc.
- Coordinate conference participation/registration/materials for family/students
- Update organization social networking sites on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as required in support of the organization
Education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in office practices, and 3-5 years of Administrative Assistant experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: office practices; proper English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation; principles and procedures of record keeping and reporting.
Skills in: communication, both written and verbal; organization, accuracy, and time management; standard business software, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs (Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Access database application).
Ability to: establish and maintain courteous, cooperative, and effective working relationships with staff, management, board of directors, vendors, and public; evaluate situations, identify problems, and exercise sound independent judgement within established guidelines; handle disputes and complaints in a calm, courteous, and tactful manner; maintain professionalism, courtesy, and composure at all times, including in a stressful situation; perform basic arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy; work independently and efficiently with a minimum amount of direct supervision.
ABOUT RELAMPAGO DEL CIELO
We are a non-profit cultural arts organization which supports the study and preservation of traditional Mexican performing arts through our music, folklore, and dance. We serve as a cultural enrichment service to the community through outreach presentations and educational activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, talk, and communicate effectively
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work occasional evenings/weekends
For more information about Relampago del Cielo, please visit our website at: www.rdcgf.org.
Please submit resume via email to email@example.com (no phone calls please).Relampago del Cielo is an equal opportunity employer.