Relampago del Cielo, Inc. – Santa Ana, CA
Under immediate supervision of the Artistic Director and the Administrative Coordinator perform a variety of routine clerical, accounting functions, and other ad hoc projects as assigned.
- 20 hours per week
- Bi-lingual – English/Spanish
- Available to work during regular business hours and on Saturdays
- Proficiency in Windows OS – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Greet visitors/callers and answer information requests as it relates to tuition
- Register new students and maintain student database
- Perform accounts receivable and cashiering duties as it relates to collecting and tracking
- tuition payments
- Ensure tuition accounts are current
- Reconcile monthly class role sheets with account invoices and communicate changes bookkeeper as necessary
- Compile data for income/expense reports as needed
- Performs other functions/duties as assigned
Education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school, including or supplemented by courses in office practices, and experience in performing financial, statistical or other clerical work, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
DESIRABLE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: modern office practices and procedures; business English, spelling ad arithmetic; methods of handling, receipting, and maintaining records of money received.
Skill in: making arithmetic computations; filing; maintaining office records; the operation of office equipment, including ten-key adding machines, calculators, and personal computers.
Ability to: make change with speed and accuracy; understand and follow oral and written directions; apply good judgment in making minor decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations, and departmental policies and procedures; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, talk, and communicate effectively
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Must be able to work weekends and occasional evenings
CHARACTERISTICS OF SUCCESSFUL PERFORMERS
Successful performers are well-organized and detail-oriented self-starters skilled in computations and financial records processing, who work efficiently in a fast-paced environment. When responding to internal staff or the public, they are pleasant, courteous, and helpful. Good judgment and good communication skills are essential qualities of Accounting Assistants. About Relampago del Cielo
We are a non-profit cultural arts organization which supports the study and preservation of traditional Mexican performing arts through our music, folklore, and dance. We serve as a cultural enrichment service to the community through outreach presentations and educational activities. For more information about Relampago del Cielo, please visit our website at: www.rdcgf.org. Please submit resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (no phone calls please). Relampago del Cielo is an equal opportunity employer.